Marvel’s Midnight Suns to Launch Worldwide on October 7, 2022
Darkness Falls. Rise Up! Fight as the legendary supernatural team known as the Midnight Suns against Lilith and her demonic offspring; Marvel’s Midnight Suns is now available for pre-order today!
2K and Marvel Entertainment today announced Marvel’s Midnight Suns will launch on October 7, 2022. Created by Firaxis Games, the legendary studio behind the critically-acclaimed, world-renowned Civilization and XCOM franchises, Marvel's Midnight Suns is an all-new tactical RPG set in the darker side of the Marvel Universe. It will be available on PlayStation®5 (PS4™), PlayStation®4 (PS4™), Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. The Nintendo Switch version of the game will be available at a later date. Rated T for Teen by the ESRB, Marvel’s Midnight Suns is now available for pre-order.
When the demonic Lilith and her fearsome horde unite with the evil armies of Hydra, it’s time to unleash Marvel’s dark side. As The Hunter, your mission is to lead an unlikely team of seasoned Super Heroes and dangerous supernatural warriors to victory. Can legends such as Doctor Strange, Iron Man, and Blade put aside their differences in the face of a growing apocalyptic threat? If you’re going to save the world, you'll have to forge alliances and lead the team into battle as the legendary Midnight Suns - Earth's last line of defense against the underworld.
With an array of upgradeable characters and skills allowing you to build your own unique version of The Hunter, you will choose how to send Lilith’s army back to the underworld.
“We're thrilled to invite players into the darker, supernatural side of Marvel," said Bill Rosemann, Vice President and Creative Director at Marvel Games. “In Marvel’s Midnight Suns, our friends at Firaxis and 2K have created an incredibly unique and totally authentic Marvel experience that fans can leap into this October!"
As part of today’s announcement, 2K debuted a thrilling new cinematic trailer at Summer Games Fest 2022 that showcased the Midnight Suns in action against Lilith’s army, joined by two newly revealed and unlockable playable heroes - including Spider-Man! But just as the heroes come together to unite against Lilith, the Mother of Demons assembles her own twisted entourage – corrupted Fallen versions of Venom, Sabretooth, Scarlet Witch, and the Hulk!
“We know fans have been eager to see what’s coming next for Marvel’s Midnight Suns,” said Jake Solomon, Creative Director at Firaxis Games. “We’re honored by the opportunity to introduce so many new heroes and villains to Marvel fans and can’t wait for tactics players to discover the joys of fighting like a Super Hero in Marvel’s Midnight Suns!”
Marvel's Midnight Suns will be available in four editions: Standard Edition, Enhanced Edition, Digital+ Edition, and Legendary Edition:
- The Standard Edition will be available for $59.99* on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. It includes the base game;
- The Enhanced Edition will be available for $69.99* on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. It includes a next-gen optimized version of the game for next-gen consoles and five premium cosmetic skins;
- The Digital+ Edition will be available for $79.99* on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. It includes 11 premium cosmetic skins. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S SKUs include the next-gen optimized version of the game for next-gen consoles;
- The Legendary Edition will be available for $99.99* on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. It includes 23 premium cosmetic skins, as well as access to the post-launch Marvel’s Midnight Suns Season Pass**.
For a full breakdown of what's included in each version of the game, as well as pre-order bonuses, please visit the www.midnightsuns.com.
Marvel's Midnight Suns will allow you to:
- Unleash the Darker Side of Marvel. Rise up against Lilith and her underworld army as you experience a deeply personal story that puts you at its center as The Hunter, the first customizable original hero in the Marvel universe. In the face of fallen allies and the fate of the world at stake, it will be up to you to rise up against the darkness!;
- Lead Heroes from Across the Marvel Universe. Fight fire with hellfire and lead an unlikely team of seasoned Super Heroes and dangerous supernatural warriors across The Avengers, X-Men, Runaways, and more. Resist Lilith's corruption and confront Fallen versions of some of Marvel's most iconic and powerful characters, including Venom, Sabretooth and even the Hulk!;
- Fight, Think, and Live Like a Super Hero. From legendary studio Firaxis Games comes a deep tactical RPG where you fight and strategize like a Super Hero! Create the perfect squad and customize their abilities, unleashing skills and attacks to devastate the battlefield. Live the Super Hero life in the Abbey, your very own mystical secret base, and strengthen personal bonds outside the field of battle.
For more information on Marvel’s Midnight Suns, visit www.midnightsuns.com and sign up for the 2K newsletter, become a fan on Facebook, subscribe on YouTube, follow on Twitter and Instagram, and join the conversation using the hashtag #MidnightSuns.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is rated PEGI 12. Firaxis Games is a 2K studio. 2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
*Based on 2K's suggested retail price. Actual retail price may vary. See local store for info.
**Marvel's Midnight Suns Season Pass to deliver content after launch; more details will be shared in the future.
# # #
2K UK Press Office