Answer The Call: NBA® 2K23 Now Available Worldwide
Experience greatness in NBA® 2K23 with the return of the Jordan Challenge, all-new Eras in MyNBA*, more immersive City*, and so much more
Check out the all-new launch trailer, featuring Devin Booker, Chet Holmgren, Zach LaVine, and Jack Harlow, and listen to the globally sourced soundtrack out now on Spotify
Today, 2K announced that NBA® 2K23, is now available worldwide on PlayStation® 5 (PS5™), PlayStation® 4 (PS4™), Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC**. NBA 2K23 offers an authentic and hyper-real basketball experience showcasing all-new gameplay innovations and animations, the coveted return of the Jordan Challenge mode, an immersive online community experience, and so much more.
“As a franchise, we strive to be at the forefront of basketball culture, and we’re excited for players to get their hands on NBA 2K23 to see the game come to life,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “With the return of the Jordan Challenges, NBA 2K23 asks players to answer the call and experience some of the greatest performances in basketball history. The incredible attention to detail has led to our most realistic and authentic title yet, with fun integrations that long-time basketball fans and new players will enjoy.”
Additionally, Seasons returns to NBA 2K23 with brand new rewards, music, and challenges for players to compete and win. Jump into the first Season right away to enjoy unique experiences across MyCAREER, MyTEAM, and The W**. Level 40 rewards let you cruise around in a four-person Golf Cart on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S and a Hoverbike on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Switch, while new cards and game modes, better accessibility, more customisation, and endless lineup combinations await in MyTEAM.
NBA 2K23 features several new additions and improvements, where rookie players and veteran ballers alike will find a variety of experiences to dive into:
- This is Game - Players can compete as their favourite NBA and WNBA teams and stars, and experience the pinnacle of true-to-life gameplay. With best-in-class visual presentation, improved player AI, up-to-date rosters and historic teams, the game has never felt more real and complete than it does in NBA 2K23. Feel the energy of the crowd, the intensity of the competition, and the endless entertainment of one of the most immersive sports products in gaming today.
- Michael Jordan Returns - Step onto the hardwood in the most definitive Michael Jordan experience to date with the revamped Jordan Challenge. Relive 15 iconic performances from Jordan’s illustrious career, with 10 of the original challenges making their return from NBA 2K11 completely rebuilt from the ground up, alongside five entirely new moments. Step back in time as you play through these iconic performances that include period-correct game presentations, arenas, and PA announcers, while listening to NBA luminaries that experienced first-hand the legend that came to be.
- Make it to the League - Players can fulfill their NBA dreams as they set forth to greatness in a dramatic journey in MyCAREER. Forge relationships, build rep and overcome the arduous obstacles that test even the most promising ballers. Players can diversify their brand off-the-court and make their name the one to remember on the hardwood floor.
- Join the Hoops Community - Players can experience the most immersive City to date on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, or embark on an epic voyage aboard the G.O.A.T. Boat on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. No matter the journey with MyPLAYER, be ready to work, gain rep, and run the courts. Test limits in the Gatorade Training facility, and hit the shops for the freshest gear from the biggest brands before competing in year-round events.
- Build Your Dream Squad - MyTEAM turns fantasy into reality as players collect and earn cards to assemble out-of-this-world starting 5s with legends and All-Stars from any era. Discover immersive challenges, competitive tournaments, and exciting rewards, along with new updates season-after-season.
- Take it to the Top - Call the shots to build a dynasty or decide the league’s trajectory in the most immersive managerial simulation experience in MyNBA* on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. Choose to kick off your journey during different Eras and experience unparalleled control paired with in-depth tools to inform decision making and success. Jump into a season or envision long-term growth with a multi-year experience available online or offline.
Phoenix Suns’ shooting guard, three-time NBA All-Star, and 2021-22 Kia All-NBA First Team selection, Devin Booker, is featured on this year’s Standard Edition and cross-gen Digital Deluxe Edition. The Standard Edition is available for £59.99 / €69.99*** on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC and £69.99 / €79.99*** on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. The Digital Deluxe Edition is available for £74.99*** / €84.99 and grants players access to the Standard Edition across both console generations within the same PlayStation console family and for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
Six-time NBA World Champion and Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Famer, Michael Jordan returns as the NBA 2K23 cover athlete, gracing the NBA® 2K23 Michael Jordan Edition and the ultra-premium NBA® 2K23 Championship Edition. The NBA® 2K23 Michael Jordan Edition is available for £89.99 / €99.99*** on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC.
Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K23 is rated PEGI 3. For more information on NBA 2K23, please visit https://nba.2k.com/.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
* Only available on the new-generation of NBA 2K23 and will require PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S hardware to play.
** NBA 2K23 is available on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC platforms. PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S required to play the new-generation version of NBA 2K23.
*** Based on 2K’s suggested retail price. Actual retail price may vary. See local store for info.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment for video game consoles, personal computers and mobile devices, with product availability including physical retail and digital download. The Company is home to many talented development studios, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis Games, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games, 31st Union, Cloud Chamber and HB Studios. 2K’s portfolio currently includes several AAA, sports and entertainment brands, including global powerhouse NBA® 2K; renowned BioShock®, Borderlands®, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization® and XCOM® brands; popular WWE® 2K and WWE® SuperCard franchises; as well as the critically and commercially acclaimed PGA TOUR® 2K. Additional information about 2K and its products may be found at 2K.com and on the Company’s official social media channels.
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and Zynga. Our products are currently designed for console gaming systems, PC, and Mobile including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
# # #
2K UK Press Office