The City Returns in NBA® 2K23 With an All-New Layout For PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S Consoles
The City welcomes players back with revamped affiliation boroughs, new additions like the Block and Theater, and a Dreamville music studio
2K today unveiled new upgrades coming to the City* in NBA® 2K23 for PlayStation® 5 and Xbox Series X|S players. The City has a number of improvements, and seamless integrations with MyCAREER mode, along with so much more.
“The City is an incredibly authentic way for players to experience basketball culture. Tying MyCAREER closely with the City lets players truly live out their career in a unique way on their journey to legendary status on and off the court,” said Erick Boenisch, VP of NBA Development at 2K and Visual Concepts. “Community feedback has been key in the new innovations we've added and we look forward to players experiencing everything we've brought to NBA 2K23 this year.”
The City has a variety of new features and improvements this year, including:
- Traversal Times: Based on community feedback, the City is slightly smaller than in NBA 2K22 to provide a better experience. Also, Fast Travel stations have been added to quickly jump around the City;
- Affiliation Boroughs: Completely revamped boroughs have relocated and turned thematic destinations that really touch upon the true essence of each borough;
- The Block and Theater: The new mecca of competition, the Block, is located in the exact centre of the City where players can find all of the great content in one central hub. The Theater replaces the warehouse buildings and will serve as a hub to play instant matchmaking games. Every Friday, the four-event playlist will completely swap out to four new events.
- Dreamville Studio: Founded by Grammy-nominated artist and producer J. Cole, Dreamville Studio is a location MyPLAYERs will gain access to if they prove they have what it takes to befriend J. Cole in MyCAREER during their quest to win over the City.
- The Arena: New location where to play MyCAREER games, the Arena provides a pre-game atmosphere with a sprawling plaza out front. To prepare for the game, players will enter and show off their fit in front of the waiting media, complete any available quests, and more, followed by taking questions from the media post-game.
- Event Center and Jordan Challenge Building: The Event Center’s all-new design and look adds a whole new level of flair, fitting for such an important building, while the Jordan Challenge Building will provide players with easy-access to the new in-game mode.
Seasons will also make a return in the City, including a fresh set of rewards available to earn every six weeks. Seasons will once again allow players to access new content and earn rewards for no additional cost. More information on what's coming for Season 1 will be revealed at launch.
For full details on the new updates coming to the City in NBA 2K23 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles, check out the latest Courtside Report.
NBA 2K23 is currently scheduled for release on 9 September for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC platforms. For more information, please visit the NBA 2K23 official website.
Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K23 is rated PEGI 3.
Visual Concepts is a 2K studio. 2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
* The City will only be available on the new-generation of NBA 2K23 and will require PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S hardware to play.
# # #
2K UK Press Office